Terms and Conditions of the short filmcompetition at the Animocje the 11th International Animated Film Festival Bydgoszcz, 2022.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Animocje the 11th International Animated Film Festival will take place from 3 to 9 April 2022.
- The Organizer of Animocje the 11th International Animated Film Festival and short film competition taking place within the Festival's framework is the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz with head office at ul. Marcinkowskiego 12-14, 85-056 Bydgoszcz, hereinafter referred to as "the Organizer".
- The deadline for submitting applications for the competition is December 31, 2021.
II. REQUIREMENTS OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Films can be submitted to the competition by:
a) art and film schools,
b) production companies,
c) film institutions,
d) individual film-makers,
e) other entities with the right to administer a specific film.
- The Entity Submitting the film to the competition undertakes to send a complete competition application for the film, as specified in point III of Terms and Conditions.
- The following films can be submitted to the competition:
a) whose time of running, including opening and final credits, does not exceed 30 minutes,
b) implemented in any technique, with the reservation that the animation must be at least 50% of the screening time,
c) produced no earlier than 1/01/2020.
- Films that had participated in any of the previous editions of the Animocje Festival competition cannot be submitted again to take part in the competition. If they are submitted, they will not be taken into account be the Selection Committee.
- The following short film competitions are held as part of the Festival:
a) International Competition for the Bydgoszcz Award for the Best Animated Film (Grand Prix),
b) Kids Film Competition,
c) the Organizer reserves the right to announce additional competition categories.
- The Entity Submitting the film is asked to submit only in one competition category.
- The Organizer reserves the right to recategorize the film to a different competition category than submitted, but undertakes to notify the Submitting Entity of this fact and obtain its consent to show the film in a different competition category.
- The Organizer does not charge for registration and for qualifying the film for the competition.
- The films submitted and possibly qualified for the competition are made available to the Organizer free of charge.
- Films should be submitted to the competition electronically:
a) via Click For Festivals platform
b) via FilmFreeway platform
c) or by sending an entry form
(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDQ1K4cMcaamkyU9RmmoCPmOYFcqXEkdqxu_nSdjmrOgTZvA/viewform?usp=sf_link) after completion of all required boxes, the form will be automatically transferred to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Succesful transfer will be confirmed with an automatic reply.
- The complete competition application includes the following:
a) a film - a public or a private video link with or without a password, with unlimited time and regional access - Vimeo, YouTube, etc.,
- the non-Polish language film should contain integrated subtitles in English,
- the film should have opening and/or final credits specifying the title, authors' names, the country and the year of production,
b) at least 3 photos from the film in JPG format (min. width 2000 pixels, 300 dpi),
c) the film director's photograph in JPG format (min. width 2000 pixels, 300 dpi),
d) a description of the film (max. 1000 signs),
e) film director’s bio (max. 1000 signs),
f) dialogue list in English with time code in txt format,
g) information about the film: original title and the title in English, year of production, country of production, duration, the animation technique, dialogues;
- in case of submitting a film via Click For Festivals or FilmFreeway, please complete the information about the film in the profile on the website,
- in case of submitting a film via an entry form, please make sure all boxes were filled out.
- The Entity Submitting the film to the competition is obliged to send the missing information to the Organizer within 7 days from receiving information about the incomplete application. In the event of failure to provide the missing information within a specified period, the Organizer has the right not to qualify the film for participation in the Festival.
IV. SELECTION AND COMPETITION
- The selection of films for the competition shall be made by the Selection Committee appointed by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to invite to the competition films that are not the subject of the Selection Committee's work.
- Applicants will be informed about the admission of the film to the competition by February 25, 2022 by e-mail. Selection results will also be posted on the festival website animocje.com and on the festival profile on Facebook (facebook.com/animocje).
- The Organizer will only inform the successful applicants to the competition.
- The Entity Submitting the film qualified for the competition within 7 days from the date of receipt of information about the qualification, is obliged to send the Organizer a competition copy of the film.
- The competition copy of the film:
a) digital Cinema Package files, unencrypted,
b) and digital file, eg. .MP4/.MOVformat, of min. resolution 1920x1080, in progressivestyle (without interlacing),
c) films in Polish shall include integrated subtitles in English,
d) films in different languages than Polish and English cannot include integrated subtitles. Such films shall be sent with an additional dialogue list file with timecode,
e) the digital copy has to be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com in the form of a download link (Vimeo, WeTransfer, Dropbox etc.).
- The films qualified for the competition will be judged by the Jury composed of representatives of the film community and visual artists as well as by the festival's audience. Films in the Kids Film Competition will be assessed only by the children audience, in the form of a plebiscite / vote.
- The Entity Submitting the film for the competition undertakes not to withdraw the film from the competition after 30 days from the announcement of the results of the competition selection.
- The laureate of the financial prize is obliged to send the Organizer the data for the bank transfer - the number of the bank account that accepts foreign transfers in PLN, EUR or US dollars, within 30 days from the date of receipt of information about the prize; name and surname of the account owner, BIC / SWIFT; the name and address of the bank.
- The following prizes will be awarded among the films selected for the competitions: GRAND PRIX, Best Polish Film, Best Film for Kids, Audience Award.
- In connection with the Organizer's right to distinguish additional categories of the competition, the Organizer reserves the right to grant additional awards outside the Terms and Conditions.
- The Organizer has allocated PLN 10,000.00 for financial prizes, including PLN 1,000.00 for the prize in the Kids Film Competition.
- The Jury shall decide about the amount of other financial prizes and the awarding of honorable distinctions.
- The tax on the prizes is paid by the Organizer in accordance with the applicable provisions of Polish law.
- The decision to award prizes and/or distinctions of the Jury will be made by voting with a simple majority of votes.
- The Jury's sessions will be closed. The decisions of the Jury are final and cannot be appealed against.
- The laureate of financial prize is obliged to send the Organizer the data required by him to hand over the prize, within 30 days from the date of receipt of information about the prize. The laureate who has no place of residence in Poland is also obliged to send the completed current IFT-1 / IFT-1R form. Otherwise, the Organizer has the right to withdraw from paying out the financial prize.
VI. FESTIVAL AND NON-FESTIVAL SCREENINGS
- Taking part in the competition means that the Entity submitting a film grants a free, non-exclusive, territorially unlimited license for the Organizer to use the film by public screening of the film as part of the Competition.
- Screenings of competition films during the Festival under the license can be held no more than three (3) times.
- The Entity Submitting a film grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, free, unlimited in time or territory license to use the promotional materials provided (film description, film frames, information on creators, etc.) for festival publications (prints, website, social media, press releases, etc.) and for the promotion of the Festival in the media.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use promotional materials both during and after the Festival. The Submitting Entity declares that it has all rights to the above-mentioned promotional materials. In the event where any entity submits claims to the Organizer related to the aforesaid promotional materials, the Submitting Entity is obliged to release the Organizer from any liability in this respect.
- The Submitting Entity grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, free, unlimited in time or territory license to use fragments of film arbitrarily chosen by the Organizer (trailer or a fragment up to 20% of film duration) in all promotional activities related to the Festival (print, website, social media, press materials, Internet, media: radio, television, cinema, etc.).
- In the case of receiving one of the prizes or awards, the Submitting Entity expresses unpaid and unlimited in time or territory consent to the participation of the film in a maximum of ten (10) retrospectives of films awarded and honored ("The Best of Animocje"), which will take place after the Festival.
- In each case, when these Terms and Conditions refer to granting a license regarding a film, it is granted in the following fields of exploitation: the right to public performance, display, presentation, emission of the film (in cinemas, cultural centers, etc.).
- The Organizer reserves the right to organize, as part of the Festival, presentations of special films not qualified for the competition ("Animocje Play-off"), from which the audience will choose one movie that will enter the competition with the "wild card". The Selection Committee will select the films for the "Animocje Play-off" screenings.
VII. ONLINE SCREENINGS IN CASE OF CINEMA CLOSURE OR AUDIENCE ADMISSION LIMIT - FOR REASONS INDEPENDENT OF THE ORGANIZER
- In the event of circumstances independent of the Organizer, when cinema venues are closed or the number of available audience seatings is significantly limited, the Organizer can decide to present the films on an Internet platform or simultaneously online and in the screening room.
- In the event of the circumstances mentioned above, the screenings on the Internet platform will be:
a) time-limited (duration of the festival),
b) territorially limited (exclusively on the territory ofPoland),
c) accessible only for those participants, who purchased a ticket for the screening or posses other type of accreditation to access online screenings.
- If the Organizer decides to organize online screenings of the films, they are obliged to inform the Applicants about this fact.
- When submitting a film to competition, the Applicant declare their consent or lack of consent to possible screening on the internet platform, in accordance with the provisions contained in VII.2.
- Having been informed about online screenings planned by the Organizer, the Applicant has the right to cancel their declaration concerning online screenings mentioned above and submitted by the Applicant at the time of application, within 14 days.
- Lack of consent to present a film on the Internet platform may be equivalent to loss of the opportunity to receive some of the festival awards, such as Audience Choice Award, or cause exclusion from some competition categories, such as Kids Film Competition.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the dates and duration of the festival and the competition without stating the reason, unlessit violates the acquired rights of the festival participants.
- Submitting a film to participate in the competition is equivalent to accepting the rules of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Festival Organizer is not responsible for violating the rights of third parties arising in connection with the use of sent works, unless the violation of the rights is fault of the Organizer.
- In all matters not covered by these Terms and Conditions, the Festival Organizer decides.
- The Polish version of the Terms and Conditions is considered binding.
- In the event of disputes arising herefrom, the applicable law is Polish law and the cases will be heard by a common court in Bydgoszcz.
- The Organizer has the right to change these Terms and Conditions.
- All questions regarding the competition and the Festival can be sent to the Organizer's e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of the above-mentioned regulations entails the consent to the processing of personal data provided in the application form in order to participate in the competition of the Animocje International Animated Film Festival.
IX. PROVISIONS CONCERNING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
According to article 13th sections 1 and 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection ) I inform that:
- The Administrator of your personal data is the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz with head office in Bydgoszcz (85-056), ul. Marcinkowskiego 12-14 represented by the Director – Marzena Matowska (e-mail address email@example.com).
- A Data Protection Inspector is appointed in the facility (e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of:
a) participation in the competition during the Animocje International Animated Film Festival,
b) information, i.e. sending information regarding program activities of the Municipal Cultural Center in Bydgoszcz.
- The recipients of your personal data, in addition to the data administrator, will be only entities authorised to obtain personal data on the basis of the provisions of law.
- Your personal data will be stored until you withdraw your consent to their processing. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which had been carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- Your personal data will not be subject to profiling to profiling and will not be processed by automated means.
- Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries and any international organisations.
- You have the right to access your data and the right to correct it, delete it, limit processing, the right to data transfer, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of processing, which had been made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection when you feel that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.
- Providing personal data by you is voluntary, however, it is also a condition of participation in the competition during the Animocje International Animated Film Festival. In case of failure to provide the personal data, participation in the competition will be impossible.